Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Patience


I know there is a saying – “good things happen to those who wait,” but it’s hard to just sit and wait. I am the sanest when I have a ton of things to do, and sitting around waiting for a call back about a job or an interview makes me NUTS>
I have tried to find thing to occupy my time (i.e. starting this blog) but my mind continues to circle around the call or email I am waiting for. I am constantly checking my blackberry for service, emails, and any indication that something is going to happen for me.
Patience is a Virtue
A virtue I haven’t had in my possession until I started teaching myself yoga. I know it may sound like cliché but I really think it has been helping me relax a little and take a step back to realize again it’s only a matter of time before something good happens.
If you don’t believe that, then what is the point of life? I honestly think that everyone needs something to look forward to or needs goals to fulfill in life to keep moving and growing.
I keep thinking of Dory singing “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming” from Finding Nemo when I think of patience, because you need to keep moving forward and to keep pushing along until you reach that goal.
My patience has paid off however, since accepting the job at the law firm I have been offered two interviews within the music industry. Even though these jobs are not guaranteed I am just super excited to get the interviews in my field. That is the best relief I have felt in a long time. So just keep focused and everything will work out for you in the end.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment